Cryptonative domain registrar
- Build a basic domain registrar for DNS domain names
- Each domain name registered is issued an ERC-721 NFT; if the domain name is transferred to a different registrar, the NFT is revoked.
- The NFT is composable with all NFT infra — OpenSea, Zora, PartyBid, Fractional, etc.
- If you buy and/or control the NFT, you can authenticate your wallet with the registrar to change the name servers, DNS records, etc.
- Selling a valuable domain no longer requires dealing with outdated domain brokers, escrow websites like Afternic, no waiting for wires to clear, etc.
- Registrar makes money from domain name registrations and maybe partners with 3rd parties for 1-click hosting, email setup, etc.
First published on June 20, 2022